Chatbots are the technology that allows marketers to engage in automatic conversations at scale with individual customers. Facebook Messenger is the leader in messaging based on the number of messages sent in 2018.
What is Facebook Messenger Chatbot Marketing?
- Automatic conversations that are taking place with individuals through Facebook Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger Chatbot Marketing combines elements from many forms of advertising and marketing including: phone, email, PPC, direct mail and many more.
- Chatbots are used to both generate new business leads and nurture existing leads through the conversion funnel.
- Facebook Messenger is being used to sell products as diverse as digital media to furniture.
- It is also a great way to stay in touch with customers and fans.
Where are Facebook Messenger Chatbot conversations taking place?
While the majority of Chatbot conversations are taking place on mobile devices such as smartphone and tablets, they can be accessed on any device. Where email marketing is somewhat formal and long form, Facebook Messenger Chatbot Marketing is more like a conversation with a friend. It combines text, images and video into a two-way automatic conversation. The chatbot is able to communicate with a huge audience while maintaining the appearance of a one-on-one conversation.
“Content is king . . but ENGAGEMENT is Queen and she rules the house! ” ~ Mari Smith
What is the engagement rate with Facebook Messenger?
With an engagement rate ten to 80 times better than email or Facebook Newsfeed, Facebook Messenger deserves serious consideration as part of your marketing campaign.
Facebook Messenger Blast has an amazing open rate of 70-80% in the first 60 minutes!
Email Marketing is still a viable means of promoting products and services in a balanced campaign. However, the open rate has been steadily declining for several years. An email open rate of five to ten per cent is considered really good.
Facebook Newsfeed has switched to a more profit-focused status as far as business page organic posts visibility. Because of this switch to sales based feeds, the Facebook newsfeed visibility is down to one per cent at best.